Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unix News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin_lovick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Unix News Reply with quote

Grretings,

Having been a reader for quite a while, I cannot help but to have noticed the occaisonal reference to the greater UNIX world outside of the linux community. For example, there have been the occaisonal BSD distro in HotPicks. This is great stuff because it also introduces the readership to the rest of the UNIX world.

With the increase of UNIX proliferation in the home and the increasing number of freely-available distributions (OpenSolaris,Darwin,Open/Net/Free/PC -BSD), how about a monthly column on the greater world of UNIX ? Possibly even coverage other platforms (eg Mac OSX) ? I realise that this is a linux magazine, but I feel that it may give a broader view of the UNIX world as a whole.

Keep up the good work!

Martin
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

I'll second that.
Flea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

Indeed!
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

Me too. Or four, rather.
IndigoJo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

Me five.

In fact, the competition already does - LU&D has a dedicated BSD slot every month.
jer1ch0
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

indeed, indeed
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: RE: Unix News Reply with quote

Wow, great to see interest in OSS outside of Linux. I've had lots of other positive feedback from covering the BSDs and altenative open source OSes (eg Syllable and ReactOS) too. I'll just say one thing: keep an eye out for an upcoming coverdisc... Smile

In terms of the printed mag, a mini-section on the other open source OSes could be great. I for one am looking forward to FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE...

Mike
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: