Forum Registration Broken?

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Forum Registration Broken?

Postby davidoff404 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:48 pm

Firstly, congrats on getting the new website up. It took me ages to realise it was running since the old linuxformat.co.uk address still points to the old site, and I never used the .com one.

A slight problem though. Whenever I try to register an account I can't seem to get a password emailed to me. In fact, even trying to recover a lost password doesn't seem to work. Is this a bug?
davidoff404

RE: Forum Registration Broken?

Postby phil_m » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:54 pm

Gah! Sorted it out now. The registration process doesn't seem to like Yahoo Mail - the confirmation email seems to disappear without even being sent to the Junk folder.

davidoff
phil_m

RE: Forum Registration Broken?

Postby evilnick » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:02 pm

glad you got it working. The site isn't actually supposed to be live yet, it's just the old URLs are still pointing to the address. It's start-time proper is tomorrow.
evilnick

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Hi, I've just registered too but haven't received the validation email. Is it actually broken or is the Freeserve ( :oops: ) spam filter killing it before getting to my inbox like Yahoo's?

:)
Craig

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:17 pm

It isn't broken. Not as far as I can see. Let us know if you continue to have problems

Postby M0PHP » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:44 am

Hi, I'm Craig (as above 8) )... Registered another account using my Gmail address and the email arrived in seconds.

Bloody freeserve :shock:
M0PHP
LXF regular

Postby crispibits2 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:42 pm

Hmm I should be crispibits, but using my own domain email address failed to receive a confirmation email. Using my work email address worked. Neither of them are ISP type email addresses. strange eh? The site's definitely faster than it was a couple of days ago though - I reckon it's the statue lady who stands outside the Roman Baths - the site's much slower when she's there...
crispibits2

Didn't work for me

Postby 2tux-zx7r » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:42 am

I think it doesn't work
Created a user account and used my AOL email address. Nothing turned up in my inbox for 20 minutes.
Created another user account using my work email and an email was in my inbox in 10 seconds
So what's wrong ? What didn't AOL like about your email ? If I didn't have access to a second account I wouldn't be able to register :evil:
John
2tux-zx7r

RE: Didn

Postby tux-zx7r » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:46 pm

Time to eat humble pie :-)
Password for my original login registration arrived into AOL inbox
So everything's alright
John
Linux, beer, babes 'n motorbikes
Life just doesn't get much better than this !!
Oh, and babies (due imminently)
tux-zx7r

Return to Help!