Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request: OpenSuse 10.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
02bunced

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

May I request that when OpenSuse 10.0 comes out, we can have it on our coverdisks, please

Thanks for a great magazine,

David
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Oooh, maybe Smile

Glad you like the mag.

M
Hyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

im still waiting for 9.3 on coverdisk. its been out an awfully long while!

although not that bothered anymore, I've settled on ubuntu and fedora core 4. but it would be nice to update my SuSE 9.2 system.

anyway, im off to subscribe! Razz
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Novell have normally waited some time before releasing ISO images. By the time they have released something suitable for the cover disc, there's often something more up to date to include.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Hyde wrote:

<cough>LM next month</cough!>
02bunced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

I think you'll find with OpenSuse, they release the ISO's straight away. Maybe Wink I don't think there's anything on LX73's disk yet is there??? Smile
kevanf1
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Hyde wrote:

<cough>LM next month</cough!>

Ah, no!!!! Not another 9.3 disk.... I've lost count of hte number of htose I've got Crying or Very sad Yes, I'm being serious I'm afraid. It was included on other mag's ages ago.

Seriously, it is a pain when you buy one mag with ABC Linux 1.2 on it then a few weeks later another mag comes out also with ABC Linux 1.2 as the cover disk. I don't buy the mag's for the cover disks I buy them for the content. Is it not possible to produce a diskless copy?
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

That's LM last month now kevanf1 Very Happy
As for LXF, Mike knows! (Ooh, see how I substituted Mike for god there, I hope it doesn't give him any big ideas and anyway Michael means "who is like like the lord", so ramble ramble ramble...)
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
That's LM last month now kevanf1 Very Happy
As for LXF, Mike knows! (Ooh, see how I substituted Mike for god there, I hope it doesn't give him any big ideas and anyway Michael means "who is like like the lord", so ramble ramble ramble...)

Hrm, good point. Perhaps this is a way to quell the institutionalised sizeism at LXF HQ:

1. Michael = He who is like the Lord
2. The Lord therefore can't have been very tall, if I'm like him
3. So sizeism = Blasphemy!

Er, maybe? Anyone? Smile

M
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Request: OpenSuse 10.0 Reply with quote

Michael is quite large, Mike is the diminutive version Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: