Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FreeBASIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordon
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: FreeBASIC Reply with quote

Has anyone tried out FreeBASIC from the LXF 72 DVD?

I've just had a quick look at it tonight and it seems brilliant. BASIC for Linux in which you can use SDL, GL and more! I'm surprised this hasn't taken the Linux world by storm, like AMOS did for the Amiga.

The website is http://www.freebasic.net/ if you're interested and if you only get the CD version of LXF FreeBASiC can be downloaded from it's website.

What do you think of FreeBASIC?
RD
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: RE: FreeBASIC Reply with quote

hmm dunno about freebasic but have you seen realbasic now thats nice and pritty good write once compile for all! wow Smile

Granted it will cost you $400 for the pro version but if you want to write once and use on any platfom (mac lin and win) im sure the cost will justify its self, but the standard version is free (for Linux any way) i have started looking at it as gambas does not have a TTY wrapper Sad for an app i started to make in gambas so far not had any problems apart from slight diffrent syntax Very Happy
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: RE: FreeBASIC Reply with quote

AMOS! Aaaargh! Run away!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: