Windows 7, why its naughty

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Windows 7, why its naughty

Postby LeeNukes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Just came across this site: http://cryptome.org/

Some people have seen it before, and its roots are, questionable.

What I found interesting were the Windows 7 Spying documents. Essentially hidden areas where Windows 7 stores histories away from where a user could clear them out. Amongst other things.
User avatar
LeeNukes
LXF regular
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: At the bar

Postby towy71 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:12 pm

That windows hides the files history away from the user has long been known :roll: :roll: :roll:
still looking for that door into summer
User avatar
towy71
Moderator
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: wild West Wales

Postby Dutch_Master » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:13 am

It's nothing an "sudo rm -Rf" can't solve ;)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:49 am

Postby LeeNukes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:02 pm

towy71 wrote:That windows hides the files history away from the user has long been known :roll: :roll: :roll:


Sure, but without real proof its a bit tinfoil hat.
User avatar
LeeNukes
LXF regular
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: At the bar

Postby towy71 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:51 pm

LeeNukes wrote:
towy71 wrote:That windows hides the files history away from the user has long been known :roll: :roll: :roll:


Sure, but without real proof its a bit tinfoil hat.
http://sillydog.org/mshidden.php should be proof enough :P
still looking for that door into summer
User avatar
towy71
Moderator
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: wild West Wales

Postby LeeNukes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

towy71 wrote:
LeeNukes wrote:
towy71 wrote:That windows hides the files history away from the user has long been known :roll: :roll: :roll:


Sure, but without real proof its a bit tinfoil hat.
http://sillydog.org/mshidden.php should be proof enough :P


Well anyone can link to things :wink: :P
User avatar
LeeNukes
LXF regular
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:11 pm
Location: At the bar


Return to Other OS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 0 guests