Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cookie TTL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

Is it just me or did you shorten the TTL of the forum cookies significantly? Not so long ago I could mark all messages as read and still see them on the 'new messages' page for quite a while afterwards. Nowadays, after I marked messages as read (or I actually read them Wink) there gone from that page in a very short time...

If you indeed shortened the TTL of the cookies, consider setting it back to the original value Smile
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

I haven't changed anything! Anyone else experiencing this?

M
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

If it wasn't you, it's me. But I didn't change any settings either! Surprised Rolling Eyes
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

It's starting to get worse: just 2 mins ago I had 5 unread, new posts in the forum. I answered one and now the remaining 4 new posts are no longer shown as 'new posts'... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lok1950
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

Have you tried cleaning out all your cookies and starting from scratch DM a bit drastic maybe but just for the LXF forums might be worth a try.

Enjoy the Choice Smile
ollie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

I'd try just getting rid of linuxformat.co.uk and linuxformat.com cookies.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Cookie TTL Reply with quote

Did so, failed to solve the problem...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: