Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjroutledge

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

I have a username on this website, and I now have a subscriber reference number, having recently subscribed to the magazine.

Is there a way of associating these two things?

Peter
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

Nope. Magazine subs are run by myfavouritemagazines.co.uk, while this web site is run by the LXF Team (but most especially by Mike), the two things are completely separate. The only place you can use your subs no. here is to access on-line copies of the magazine, but you don't even need to be logged in to do that.
ollie

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

The other problem with this is when forum members stop being subscribers (I know that's strange but it does happen) and the problem of then blocking access to the subscriber only content.
Pollywog

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

Is it possible for subscribers outside UK to subscribe through myfavouritemagazines.co.uk ?
I subscribed through IMSNews in the US and it appears I will not have access to the subscriber area.
ollie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

Pollywog wrote:
Is it possible for subscribers outside UK to subscribe through myfavouritemagazines.co.uk ?
I subscribed through IMSNews in the US and it appears I will not have access to the subscriber area.

Yes, that's the way I subscribe from Australia Wink
Pollywog

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

ollie wrote:
Pollywog wrote:

Yes, that's the way I subscribe from Australia Wink

In a related thread, I read yesterday that the problem that US subscribers are having (those subscribed through IMSNews) will soon be rectified and we will also have access to the subscriber area.
rwtilton

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

Pollywog wrote:
In a related thread, I read yesterday that the problem that US subscribers are having (those subscribed through IMSNews) will soon be rectified and we will also have access to the subscriber area.

I hope you're right. I subscribed through IMSNews a couple months ago and I can't access the subscriber area. Even so, I noticed that the July issue (LXF120) lists "Access over 1,000 magazine PDFs in the exclusive online subscriber area" as the first benefit of subscribing on the full-page ad (p.76) specifically targeted to US and Canadian readers.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

Have you looked at this thread?
rwtilton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated? Reply with quote

I have now!

Thanks
rwtilton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated Reply with quote

rwtilton wrote:
Pollywog wrote:

I hope you're right. I subscribed through IMSNews a couple months ago and I can't access the subscriber area. Even so, I noticed that the July issue (LXF120) lists "Access over 1,000 magazine PDFs in the exclusive online subscriber area" as the first benefit of subscribing on the full-page ad (p.76) specifically targeted to US and Canadian readers.

Well Pollywog, you were right. I was able to access the subscriber area tonight. IMS News is going to start adding the subscriber number and subscription expiration date on the cover sheet. In the meantime, I was able to find my subscriber number by logging in to the imsnews.com site.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: