User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Postby pjroutledge » Fri May 01, 2009 7:37 pm

I have a username on this website, and I now have a subscriber reference number, having recently subscribed to the magazine.

Is there a way of associating these two things?

Peter
pjroutledge

RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Postby Rhakios » Fri May 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Nope. Magazine subs are run by myfavouritemagazines.co.uk, while this web site is run by the LXF Team (but most especially by Mike), the two things are completely separate. The only place you can use your subs no. here is to access on-line copies of the magazine, but you don't even need to be logged in to do that.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby ollie » Sat May 02, 2009 10:44 am

The other problem with this is when forum members stop being subscribers (I know that's strange but it does happen) and the problem of then blocking access to the subscriber only content.
ollie

Postby Pollywog » Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Is it possible for subscribers outside UK to subscribe through myfavouritemagazines.co.uk ?
I subscribed through IMSNews in the US and it appears I will not have access to the subscriber area.
Pollywog

Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Postby ollie » Wed May 06, 2009 4:11 am

Pollywog wrote:Is it possible for subscribers outside UK to subscribe through myfavouritemagazines.co.uk ?
I subscribed through IMSNews in the US and it appears I will not have access to the subscriber area.

Yes, that's the way I subscribe from Australia :wink:
ollie

Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Postby Pollywog » Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm

ollie wrote:
Pollywog wrote:Is it possible for subscribers outside UK to subscribe through myfavouritemagazines.co.uk ?

Yes, that's the way I subscribe from Australia :wink:

In a related thread, I read yesterday that the problem that US subscribers are having (those subscribed through IMSNews) will soon be rectified and we will also have access to the subscriber area.
Pollywog

RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated?

Postby rwtilton » Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 am

Pollywog wrote:In a related thread, I read yesterday that the problem that US subscribers are having (those subscribed through IMSNews) will soon be rectified and we will also have access to the subscriber area.

I hope you're right. I subscribed through IMSNews a couple months ago and I can't access the subscriber area. Even so, I noticed that the July issue (LXF120) lists "Access over 1,000 magazine PDFs in the exclusive online subscriber area" as the first benefit of subscribing on the full-page ad (p.76) specifically targeted to US and Canadian readers.
rwtilton

Postby Rhakios » Sun May 31, 2009 9:39 am

Have you looked at this thread?
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby rwtilton » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:16 am

I have now!

Thanks
rwtilton

Re: RE: Re: RE: User and Subscriber - can they be associated

Postby rwtilton » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 am

rwtilton wrote:
Pollywog wrote:In a related thread, I read yesterday that the problem that US subscribers are having (those subscribed through IMSNews) will soon be rectified and we will also have access to the subscriber area.

I hope you're right. I subscribed through IMSNews a couple months ago and I can't access the subscriber area. Even so, I noticed that the July issue (LXF120) lists "Access over 1,000 magazine PDFs in the exclusive online subscriber area" as the first benefit of subscribing on the full-page ad (p.76) specifically targeted to US and Canadian readers.

Well Pollywog, you were right. I was able to access the subscriber area tonight. IMS News is going to start adding the subscriber number and subscription expiration date on the cover sheet. In the meantime, I was able to find my subscriber number by logging in to the imsnews.com site.
rwtilton

Return to This Website