Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double log in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Double log in Reply with quote

The last few times I have logged in successfully, when I try to go to a forum, I have to log in again.
ollie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: RE: Double log in Reply with quote

Which browser? Is the browser set to remember passwords? Are you running the browser in "private mode", where the browser clears history and password?
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Double log in Reply with quote

I'm using exactly the same browser, Konqueror, as I have for the past two years and it always remembers the password for me. That is how I log in the first time; then I can access various areas of the site but not the forums without a second login.
GregS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Double log in Reply with quote

Me too!

Something has occurred in the last few weeks that means I have to log in to the LXF site, then again to access the forums (fora?).

This occurs both with M$ XP and IE6 on my work box and Fedora 6 and Firefox at home and occurred simultaneously, without any configuratuion changes that I am aware of on either machine.

Strange!
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: RE: Double log in Reply with quote

Are you using the .com or .co.uk address? If you're using the uk address, the Forums link goes to .com, which requires a separate login cookie. The answer is to update your bookmarks to use the .com address.
GregS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Double log in Reply with quote

nelz wrote:
Are you using the .com or .co.uk address? If you're using the uk address, the Forums link goes to .com, which requires a separate login cookie. The answer is to update your bookmarks to use the .com address.

Ah! It was co.uk!

Must have meiised where it changed. Thanx
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: