Double log in

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Double log in

Postby johnhudson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 am

The last few times I have logged in successfully, when I try to go to a forum, I have to log in again.
johnhudson
LXF regular

RE: Double log in

Postby ollie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 am

Which browser? Is the browser set to remember passwords? Are you running the browser in "private mode", where the browser clears history and password?
ollie

Postby johnhudson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm using exactly the same browser, Konqueror, as I have for the past two years and it always remembers the password for me. That is how I log in the first time; then I can access various areas of the site but not the forums without a second login.
johnhudson
LXF regular

Postby GregS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Me too!

Something has occurred in the last few weeks that means I have to log in to the LXF site, then again to access the forums (fora?).

This occurs both with M$ XP and IE6 on my work box and Fedora 6 and Firefox at home and occurred simultaneously, without any configuratuion changes that I am aware of on either machine.

Strange!
GregS

Postby nelz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 am

Are you using the .com or .co.uk address? If you're using the uk address, the Forums link goes to .com, which requires a separate login cookie. The answer is to update your bookmarks to use the .com address.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Re: RE: Double log in

Postby GregS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:33 am

nelz wrote:Are you using the .com or .co.uk address? If you're using the uk address, the Forums link goes to .com, which requires a separate login cookie. The answer is to update your bookmarks to use the .com address.

Ah! It was co.uk!

Must have meiised where it changed. Thanx
GregS

Return to This Website