Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

openvpn connection problem.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bib

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: openvpn connection problem. Reply with quote

Hi all.

I would like to post this problem here because I had positive feedback in the past Wink

The problem I have is that I have setup an openvpn server on one of my internal machine (a linux machine) and I have problem connecting to it from the outside world. I have no problem connecting the vpn with the same configuration from an internal IP addy but as soon as I try to connect from oustide the LAN (the WAN)I have problems.

My LAN is connected to the Net by an X3 zoom ADSL modem/router/Firewall I have made sure to allow 1194/UDP port forwarding to the local IP of the server (using the Virtual server options). Note that the Linux Server does not have a firewall in action. Even when I run the Server in a DMZ (totally open on the web) it fails! Which lead me to believe that it is the VPN config missing up somewhere.. The other concern I have is that the router operates automatic DHCP for the LAN and I wonder if this could be the problem. The thing is, I don't know how to asssign fixed IP's on this router Sad

I tried everything, but I cannot get a connection to the damn server! Crying or Very sad I have lost complete hope into this stuff having spend days trying to sort it.

If any of you could have the hint of an suggestion I would be greatful

thank you very very much for any help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: