Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

I tried creating the 6 installation ISOs from the cover disk but 3 of them have errors thrown up by the winmkiso script. Before I make 6 coasters and waste a lot of time, can anyone tell me if these errors are significant or whether I can just plough on?
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

Providing all the files were named debian-blah.iso, and not debian-blah.iso.tmp, you should be OK, but it is impossible to say for certain without knowing what the errors were.

Creating a double-sided disc took so much of my time that I had to skip my mind-reading lessons that month Smile
stevef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

Sadly, 3 of them were .iso.tmp. I forgot to record the errors and it takes 10 hrs+ to run so I'll post them tomorrow

Steve
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

I've just tested it here, and it works without errors. It sounds like your computer may be having problems reading the disc. Can you try it in another computer?
stevef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: RE: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

I'll try that. Just in case, the errors that I got are here:

D:\Distros\Debian>winmkiso c:\debian > c:\debian\logfile.txt
Found 1831 of the 1831 files required by the template
Successfully created `c:\debian\debian-31r0-i386-binary-1.iso'
Found 440 of the 440 files required by the template
Successfully created `c:\debian\debian-31r0-i386-binary-2.iso'
Found 1019 of the 1019 files required by the template
Error: `\pool\main\z\zvbi\libzvbi0_0.2.15-1_i386.deb' does not match checksum in
template data
Error: `\pool\main\z\zvbi\libzvbi-common_0.2.15-1_all.deb' does not match checks
um in template data
Found 1308 of the 1310 files required by the template
Copied input files to temporary file `c:\debian\debian-31r0-i386-binary-4.iso.tm
p' - repeat command and supply more files to continue
Found 895 of the 896 files required by the template
Copied input files to temporary file `c:\debian\debian-31r0-i386-binary-5.iso.tm
p' - repeat command and supply more files to continue
Found 1045 of the 1045 files required by the template
Successfully created `c:\debian\debian-31r0-i386-binary-6.iso'
D:\Distros\Debian>
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: RE: Errors burning Debian 3.1 ISO CDs from LXF70 cover disk Reply with quote

It sounds like a read error on the disc, but I'd check it on another computer if possible before spending time getting a replacement.
stevef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the disk is defective. It's giving a different set of errors on another PC. I'll mail support for a replacement.

Steve
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: