Lotus OS - New Gnome based Distro needs devs!

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Lotus OS - New Gnome based Distro needs devs!

Postby ZING » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Lotus OS is going to be a LiveCD/DVD with Gnome 2.24. I am not sure what distro to base it off of yet, thinking about using knoppix or Mandriva or even PCLinuxOS. I do however need a team. If you would like to help in this project please contact me at zing@zing.tw The distro will look like DreamLinux but have a different set of programs and my goal is to have an easy to use and easy to install distro with Gnome 2.24 and have it a rolling release distro like PCLinuxOS. PCLinuxOS just works but its long out dated and is slow on getting new stuff, Lotus OS will be the ease of PCLinuxOS but roll out faster. Again I am looking for a dev team for Lotus OS. http://www.LotusOS.com
ZING

RE: Lotus OS - New Gnome based Distro needs devs!

Postby Dutch_Master » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:29 pm

How about that! Another 'I-want-to-be-a-distro-chief'...

Well, good luck. Tip: start with a base first, get your priorities right, make a timetable for the first alpha release, then go ask for volunteers...
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

RE: Lotus OS - New Gnome based Distro needs devs!

Postby nelz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 am

Decide what you want to do, make a first release, if people like the idea they will contribute.Good luck!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Announcements