Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppleWorks on Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
octavedoctor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: AppleWorks on Linux Reply with quote

As a long time Mac user I recently bought a Dell PC to run a Linux installation and I was thinking of using it to replace my iBook at work which is starting to get a bit unreliable and doesn't like being carted around much now.

My problem is, I'm very dependent on AppleWorks which handles all my electronic and physical invoicing, databasing, correspondence and accounts. There's nothing else which does it all.

Has anyone any experience of trying to run the OSX version of AppleWorks under Linux, or failing that, the Windows version of AW using WINE?
witt0191

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: RE: AppleWorks on Linux Reply with quote

would be a real mission and prob a lot of work but how about running an emulater with the mac OSX installed within in and then run appleworks from there though it might not be fast enough or stable enough for real work
alloydog
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: RE: AppleWorks on Linux Reply with quote

Looking at the OpenOffice.org site and using "AppleWorks" as a search keyword, I found several references.
The most useful to you might probablybe to save your AppleWorks works in another format, such a one OpenOffice can handle. : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=7906

But I think OOo2 will include these formats anyway.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: