Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karoshi 5.2 BETA - Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Karoshi 5.2 BETA - Available Reply with quote

We have a BETA of Karoshi 5.2 out today(http://www.karoshi.org.uk), it has the new fantastic.....Web Management! This new system not only makes Karoshi easier to use, but allows you to manage your system across the Internet. Karoshi has also been fully updated with the latest software, and we have removed unneeded items and questions that were asked within the installation, hopefully making it quicker to install.

As I said this is a BETA, the final release will have more functions and features added to the web management, Zimbra as an email/groupware option and it will be fully tested.

Karoshi is an operating system designed for schools, it was originally created to replace RM systems with a Linux alternative. It has been designed not only for schools with techies, but those who are still being looked after by teachers too. Main aims at the moment are to keep the system interface simple to use but to widen the features available, to make sure that no scripts, consoles etc are needed to run the network(but not so locked down that people who want to play can't) and to improve the installation so that it is quicker and easier to install by non-Linux users.

Even if your not interested in a move to Karoshi we would still be grateful if you test for us, all you need is one machine, doesn't have to have a net connection can be stand-alone for testing purposes, unless you want to join a Windows Client to it as well. Email us responses/problems/ideas and we will try and get them into the final release.

Thanks,

Jo

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Karoshi 5.2 BETA - Available Reply with quote

Jo -- problems with link.

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Karoshi 5.2 BETA - Available Reply with quote

Ah, it's probably my hosting they said they were moving us to a new faster server, so it looks like they are doing that now, should be ok by this evening or tomorrow (17/02/08 ) max. Please can anyone going to the link be patience. Thanks.

Jo

The domain is now fixed

davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo

Would you like Karoshi to be announced here?:

http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=89

Also if there's anyone out there with PCLinuxOS-based remasters. Just send your request in with similar information to those already there.

Thanks.

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I announce the system, davecs? There doesn't seem to be an option.

davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at the other entries, and send me something similar about Karoshi by pm. I'll get it added.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: