Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The funniest thing I've seen all year!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pootman
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: The funniest thing I've seen all year! Reply with quote

Microsoft fixes bugs in earlier versions of MS Office!
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

Given that we're only two days in, that's not saying a lot. Should I even bother to click the link?
pootman
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

They're disabling the filters that open older file formats in Office 2003.

Presumably XP service pack 3 is going to remove ntldr for security purposes too.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Should I even bother to click the link?
If you want to be bored... Or you actually are bored Wink
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

Dutch_Master wrote:
Rhakios wrote:
Should I even bother to click the link?
If you want to be bored... Or you actually are bored Wink

All those blocked file formats are so ancient I can't think many people are still using them. Rolling Eyes
ScottAS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Deleted. Reply with quote

Deleted.

Last edited by ScottAS on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
j0nn0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

Marrea wrote:

All those blocked file formats are so ancient I can't think many people are still using them. Rolling Eyes

I still have old wk1 and WordPerfect files that I would like to open, thank you very much ... in fact I demand that I be able to open them! (which is why I like OpenOffice.org... which can now even open MS's docx.

OOo - why settle for anything less?

-j
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

Last year (or was it the year before) I installed an old copy of Windows 98 in a virtual machine with Works 4.5, so I could export all my old works files that I still needed to read to pdf. Probably the best day's work I'd done in some time. Works 4.5 used some weird format that I couldn't get anything else to open, not even Works7.
dwjs1974
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: The funniest thing I Reply with quote

When i was a systems tester for an accounting software company in Hereford one of the clients got "Oh Shit somethings wrong" as an error message this was the version prior to the one I was testing.

They phoned up support and apparently when the developer was checking they forgot to code out the error thinking it would never happen as it shouldn't there accounts where totally snookered and needed repairing. *LOL*

See thats what you get for not allowing a tester test the software first Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: