Online Magazine Version

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Online Magazine Version

Postby comcamel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Is there any version of linxu format online, that i can download in pdf format for a cheaper price without the cost of the dvd as i cannot afford to pay out £6.00 each month, i would squeeze £4.00 a month like most magazines as an acceptable price but isn't possible. So is there an online magazine site with linux format with the contente for like £2.00 that you can pay with paypal thanks comcamel
comcamel
LXF regular

RE: Online Magazine Version

Postby lxfadmin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:38 pm

I'm afraid there isn't at the moment. We will re-introduce an archive section for tutorials and other features, and at some point we may have some different options, but there are no firm plans yet.
lxfadmin

Postby phunkymunky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:19 pm

thats a shame, it would likely be more reliable than the subscription service anyway!
phunkymunky

Postby BadAsh71 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:06 pm

I would love to see an electronic format version of LXF.... I am a Linux Newbie and have perused the magazine aisles at many bookstores only to find that ALL Linux magazines come with either a set of CDs or DVDs and thus cost an arm and a leg. I have found myself looking through LXF every time I go to a store but not buying it because I have high-speed Internet access and can easily download any Distro I want so paying $10 USD for a magazine with DVDs or CDs I don't need is just not going to happen.

I wish LXF offered a (no cd) version or an electronic download version as suggested above.

Great mag though..... my favorite so far :)
BadAsh71

Postby jjmac » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:41 pm

>>
£6.00 each month
>>

Hardly expensive, over here in Aus most mags are much dearer and the content is usually rubbish. Lots of places here too, have really bad inet connections, and some don't have any.

>>
but not buying it because I have high-speed Internet access and can easily download any Distro I want so paying $10 USD for a magazine with DVDs or CDs I don't need is just not going to happen.
>>

Lots don't. I think the US price isn't related to the cd/dvd inclusions though ... more a market scam at the US end. The cd/dvd's are a great repository in them selves, i reckon :)

jm
http://counter.li.org

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
jjmac
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs