navigation

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

navigation

Postby jobex » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:18 pm

Navigating the new site is not easy. At the bottom of the screen there is an arrow to take me to the previous topic, but at this stage I may not be interested in the previous topiic. There does not seem to be a means of jumping back to the list of topics other than the brower's 'back' button or using tabbed pages.
When I reach the bottom of a screen I can see that I am logged in as 'jobex' but I have to return to the top of the screen to log out.
These are just little niggles and I am glad to see the site back up again.
jobex

RE: navigation

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm

Hiya,

One of the less obvious ways of returning to the topic list is to click on the link above New Topic/Post Reply at the top of the current topic. You should be able to click on which level you wish, ie forum index (Linux Format Forum Index) or topic index (This Website).

Not overly clear, granted, but Nick has said that he will be doing some tweaking on the site. Feedback like this is helpful to Nick and the site admins. :D

Andy
Andy

Postby evilnick » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:22 pm

The difficulty really is separating the style and content. This forum is phpBB2-based, and we don't really want to hack the code that much - it just means it's harder to upgrade at a later date. But some style things we can find a way to change. Thanks for pointing this out.
evilnick

Postby jobex » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:34 pm

I hoped my comments would be helpful. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
jobex

Postby mcpherson » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:07 pm

also theres a jump to box below quick reply :D
mcpherson

Return to This Website