Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOSS XML tools to match/beat Altova's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvonh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: FOSS XML tools to match/beat Altova's Reply with quote

Does anyone have first hand experience/opinion of the Altova tools XMLSpy, StyleVision, MapForce *and* FOSS equivalents.

I'm doing some work at the moment involving largish data sets, specified using XSDs, held in XML, edited (sometimes) using 'Authentic/StylePowerSheets' and mangled using MapForce (XSLT basically) into HTML, other XML, PDF, Sybase databases and CSV/TSVformats.

I'd really really like to do this on Linux (or with Java), not Windows, but don't see anything in sourceforge/freshmeat (or googling) that really touches the Altova tools for ease of use, quality, functionality etc. Lots of great pieces, yes, but nothing that holds together as convincingly as the Altova suite. All credit to Altova for their excellent tools - bummer that they aren't FOSS/Linux!

Please someone tell me I've not looked hard enough!

James
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: