Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dual soundcards...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hairymunky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: dual soundcards...? Reply with quote

My daughter has been using Audacity lately, as well as the Hydrogen drum machine. My soundcard isnt able to record and playback simultaneously (so she can hear the other tracks while recording the guitar). All she ends up with is parts of the guitar being recorded! Ive promised to try and fix it so she can jam away to her hearts content...

Can I install another soundcard that I can use for input, and use my current soundcard for output...? Or is there another method that I should be trying....?
(Ive got a few old soundcards in the computer graveyard cupboard that I can use)

Any help much appreciated...
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: RE: dual soundcards...? Reply with quote

You could of course see if any of the cards in the graveyard work duplex!

Other than that, it is possible, but most distros won't help you set it up through their GUI interfaces. I seem to remember that Gentoo had some decent stuff on their site about setting up ALSA with more than one soundcard, might well be worth a visit. You would, of course, have to adapt the data for your own computer, but the prociples will be the same.

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: