Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lots of Fedora problems (Core 4)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerdmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Lots of Fedora problems (Core 4) Reply with quote

Upgraded to Fedora core 4 yesterday from core 3. Now I'm in a bad mood. Here is a breakdown:

After the upgrade the Nvidia drivers broke (4496), knew that wa to be expected so I tried to recompile the module. Doesn't work. Even with kernel dev packages installed, can't find a particular header.

Similar problem with vmware

My Samba server broke. This was a working setup under core3 (anybody else had this problem?)

So I created a fresh install. Samba works fine. But I still have the kernel sourtce problem, plus there is no kernel development option in anaconda.

And I forgot to mention, the new 3 menu system sucks big time. Can anybody help out with any of these problems? (I only want the samba help out of sake of curiosity)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: