you don't get a lot of windows questions in here?

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

should we scrap this forum and start an ubuntu one?

yes i love ubuntu it's as popular as windows
No votes
i love ubuntu
9%
ubuntu is the best o/s ever
27%
no, we should be able to discuss all flavours of ubuntu
No votes
ubuntu,ubuntu,ubuntu{yawn} ubuntu
18%
no there are other types of linux and other o/s's
45%

Total votes : 11

Postby Rhakios » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:41 pm

nelz wrote:
the most "disgusting" of all sea creatures

If this is indeed a description of 1sf (troll), it has a superfluous word.

Sea?

:D
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby nelz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:03 pm

I knew you would :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby kilikopele » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:58 am

Somewhere within the bowels of Wikipedia, there exists a data analyst who must think there's some sort of Leptocephaligist Convention going on right now. This is probably the most eel hits they've had in a fortnight. (Whatever that means.)

Rh, I certainly think you hit the eel on the head with your description. That would certainly describe how one fish becomes slippery.

Regarding the whole overhand knot thing, though, I used to dry off the same way after a shower, but that was back when I was studying yoga. :)
kilikopele
LXF regular

Postby pootman » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:05 am

On topic (with apologies) I think we can scrap everything apart from Help! and Magazine & CDs, just so long as we rename "off-topic" as "Sidelined into slating 1sf (troll), again".

Off topic (yoinks) I think it's terrible how much 1sf (troll) gets slated on these boards, It's completely unfair that so much of the discussion here is devoted to demeaning paul (sic). This is turning into a really serious issue - the unregistered users who come here looking for serious information are having to trawl through unexpected pages of non-Linux drivel to find information, and I think that the only way to balance this out is to devote an equivalent amount of magazine space to demeaning paul (more sic) too. Then it won't be unexpected.
This signature has been produced using traditional writing methods on behalf of The Campaign For Real Slogans.
To enjoy this signature at its best, adjust your monitor's resolution to 1024x768.
pootman
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 am

If you look hard enough, you'll find an oblique reference to him in at least one issue :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Rhakios » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Actually, there is surprisingly little 1sf (troll) bashing (proportionally speaking) in the Help, Hardware and Announcements parts of the board. Probably because the fish doesn't post in them so much.
Discussion, on the other hand, is obviously, mainly a discussion about 1sf (troll)'s shortcomings.
:)
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby 1slipperyfish » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:50 pm

shortcomings :shock: who've you been talking to?? i don't think there should be any slating me in the mag as i would very rarely see it :D (unless the price was more reasonable)
you're right pootman i seem to get a lot of disparaging remarks and all i give in return is love and happiness :cry:
i don't post in the forums mentioned by rhakios very often, perhaps i should???
by the way what's happened to trolly i haven't seen him in here for a while? has he migrated to pcplus for some non-ubuntu comments :D
paul
edit: well strike me down with a pair of clean underpants my next alert has got trolly in it :roll:
i am a follower of the culture

1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

Previous

Return to Other OS