The Simple Linux Backup project announces the release of version 0.3.2. Simple Linux Backup is an easy-to-use program for backing up a desktop Linux system, with a friendly user interface. It was recently featured in Issue 92 of Linux Format magazine.
This is a development release; it is still undergoing testing and may not be completely stable. It contains several bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Enhancements in the 0.3.2 release include:
- - Running Simple Backup Configuration Program now tests for the correct version of Java. If the reported Java version is less than 1.5, the user sees an error message and SBCP doesn't run.
- The latest versions of Eclipse SWT are now included.
- Minor changes were made to clarify certain text in a few dialog boxes.
- Note that the Turkish translation has NOT been updated. As a result, the above dialog box message clarifications do not appear in the Turkish version, and a couple of messages show up in English rather than Turkish.
- Internationalization support has been enhanced -- the standard wizard page buttons Back, Next, Finish and Cancel now appear in the user's selected language. Note that currently supported languages are English, French and Turkish.
For more information on the project, see the project home page. You can download the program from the SourceForge.net download page.