Last Post suggestion

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Last Post suggestion

Postby CountBelisarius » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi

Not sure if this is possible with this forum software but I would find it useful if you could add the thread title (abbreviated...) to the last post column on forum listings. So, when I look down the list of the forums and say look at Help I can see not only who and when the last post was but which thread it referred to.

Just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it :D

Cheers

Andy
CountBelisarius

RE: Last Post suggestion

Postby towy71 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:05 pm

I'm sure it will be ignored cos if you scroll down the page and look to the left that is what is already there :P
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Re: RE: Last Post suggestion

Postby spottedcat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:30 pm

towy71 wrote:I'm sure it will be ignored cos if you scroll down the page and look to the left that is what is already there :P

In theory. :) A lot of the time I see 'Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:... ' and so ad infinitum. If a poster doesn't change the subject text, it seems the forum software adds a 'Re:' each time.

Edit: see - it's done it again. :shock:. Just look at the subject headings for Towy and my posts.

Actually, it's more like 'Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE:... ' Makes for variety I suppose.
spottedcat
LXF regular

Re: RE: Last Post suggestion

Postby CountBelisarius » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:32 pm

towy71 wrote:I'm sure it will be ignored cos if you scroll down the page and look to the left that is what is already there :P

So let's see. We have the Forum main page which brings up the full list of forums and the really useful info i.e the latest posts is waaayyy down on the left hand side. Out of sight.

You can tell how often I think of scrolling all the way down there can't you. It also just lists subjects, not saying which area of the forum they're in. To me it's not a particularly useful bit of info, I assume only lists the last few entries, and it's OFF MY SCREEN when I'm viewing the forum Index!

Not very helpful in my book :D

Andy
CountBelisarius

RE: Re: RE: Last Post suggestion

Postby Dutch_Master » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Well, on the top of the forum-index page are 4 links. One says: "View posts since last visit ". When you click on that it's show all new posts since your last visit and also shows what section they're in :) Suppose that's what you're after, right?
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Return to This Website