Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Post suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CountBelisarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Last Post suggestion Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure if this is possible with this forum software but I would find it useful if you could add the thread title (abbreviated...) to the last post column on forum listings. So, when I look down the list of the forums and say look at Help I can see not only who and when the last post was but which thread it referred to.

Just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it Very Happy

Cheers

Andy
towy71

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Last Post suggestion Reply with quote

I'm sure it will be ignored cos if you scroll down the page and look to the left that is what is already there Razz
spottedcat
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Last Post suggestion Reply with quote

towy71 wrote:
I'm sure it will be ignored cos if you scroll down the page and look to the left that is what is already there Razz

In theory. Smile A lot of the time I see 'Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:... ' and so ad infinitum. If a poster doesn't change the subject text, it seems the forum software adds a 'Re:' each time.

Edit: see - it's done it again. Shocked. Just look at the subject headings for Towy and my posts.

Actually, it's more like 'Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE:... ' Makes for variety I suppose.
CountBelisarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Last Post suggestion Reply with quote

towy71 wrote:

So let's see. We have the Forum main page which brings up the full list of forums and the really useful info i.e the latest posts is waaayyy down on the left hand side. Out of sight.

You can tell how often I think of scrolling all the way down there can't you. It also just lists subjects, not saying which area of the forum they're in. To me it's not a particularly useful bit of info, I assume only lists the last few entries, and it's OFF MY SCREEN when I'm viewing the forum Index!

Not very helpful in my book Very Happy

Andy
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Last Post suggestion Reply with quote

Well, on the top of the forum-index page are 4 links. One says: "View posts since last visit ". When you click on that it's show all new posts since your last visit and also shows what section they're in Smile Suppose that's what you're after, right?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: