FC3 and Apache

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

FC3 and Apache

Postby CBHedricks » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:45 pm

Was thinking about using a spare computer (pIII 500 with 512mb and 40gb) for a web server on my LAN. I have successfully installed FC3 and I like the way it looks and runs but I am having some problems figuring out the Apache Web Server. I plan on using this for a internal test bed for a website that I am working on. Not going to be comercial setup but will work for a intranet site as well. Learning as I go on this one, and sofar I really like Linux... Better than Windwoes, easy to use, and very well organized.

I only have a coupel of general questions at this point:

What is reccomended for good reading on webserver setup?

Can you reccomend a good FTP client/server setup?

Any recommendations for a good 'tips and tricks' manual?

Thanks in advance guys.

Brad.

PS>I am planing on PostNuke for the website so I have loaded PHP5, MySQL and Java on the server but have not checked if they are running correctly yet (next step). :lol:
There is no problem too large for a cup of java and the right amount of HE.
CBHedricks

RE: FC3 and Apache

Postby fingers99 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:00 pm

/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-html/Apache-Overview-HOWTO
is as good a place as any to start. Once you've started Apache you may find your distro puts the Apache manual in the document root.
fingers99
LXF regular

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:47 pm

[quote="fingers99"]/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-html/Apache-Overview-HOWTO
is as good a place as any to start. Once youI have looked at that information before and found it not very complete. I am looking for some good refereance material for someone new to the game, and a good Tips and Tricks manual as well.

Thanks.

Postby CBHedricks » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:53 pm

Well I responded before I was logged in, then it did not format the message as I thought it would have....

Anyways what I was trying to say is that I am looking for printed material, a good referace guide and a 'Hints, Tips and Tricks' type of manual for this project. The reference documentation does not do the program justice IMOP, and is definitly not targeted at a frist time user.

Thanks. I will keep looking.

Brad.
There is no problem too large for a cup of java and the right amount of HE.
CBHedricks

Postby fingers99 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:46 pm

This might be of some use.
fingers99
LXF regular

Return to Help!