Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lexmark 3150 all-in-one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Lexmark 3150 all-in-one Reply with quote

Have recently convinced a friend of mine to go with linux. Set her up with Mandriva 2005. She has a Lexmark 3150, which I have noticed in other forums it is mentioned that "Owners of the Lexmark 3150 are screwed as ther e is no driver support for it". In spite of this I thought I would give the 3000 series and 3200 series drivers a go, with limited results (none printed but the 3200 driver got the printer to pull a sheet of paper half into the printer instead of printing a test page).

Her new HP inkjet worked wonderfully (auto-detected/configured), much smoother than a windows printer installation.

is there any way i can get the printer/scanner/card-reader working with either Mandriva or Kubuntu

Mike:)
johndough

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: RE: Lexmark 3150 all-in-one Reply with quote

hi

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=HP

lists it as a paperweight
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: RE: Lexmark 3150 all-in-one Reply with quote

The HP works It is the Lexmark that I need help with
powen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Lexmark 3150 all-in-one Reply with quote

Hi

I'm not a linux expert (in fact i'm definitely a noob), I dual boot XP (games and printing) with UBUNTU hoary (everything else). I also own a lexmark all in one printer the 5250 or something (it's actually a dell all in one, which are rebranded lexmarks), I've done a bit of looking around on various websites and forums, as far as i can tell unless you know how to write a driver using the development kit released by lexmark you're not going to be able to use linux to print on your 3150. (Apparently Epson are the best for linux compatibility, although don't quote me on that Wink ) hence why i still dual boot!

Paul
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: