BT Fusion

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

BT Fusion

Postby shifty_ben » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:35 pm

Well it was a long time ago that I first heard about the 'bluephone' now its come out in the form of BT Fusion utilisign a different technoloy to that with which it was originally intended.

Has anyone used it yet? Mine is due tomorrow and I have to admit I am very excited! They have an offer on at the moment, which is why I have decided to take the dive.

It does mean you need a BT HomeHub but I already have one of those so not too big an issue.

I'm told (I'll confirm tomorrow) that mid call switching between the GSM and WLAN network is seamless, should be interesting.

I'm a bit dissapointed that the phones they provide don't include bluetooth it would be useful if I could transfer any photos or videos to the computer, but hopefully I will be able to do it using the WLAN instead (though perhaps not) if not then I guess I'll have to invest in a data cable.
Need a New Signature
shifty_ben
LXF regular

RE: BT Fusion

Postby shifty_ben » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 am

Well I have had the phone for more than a month now. I am quite impressed, I did get a bill within 3 days for 3.11 but then it was the end of the month. This month should be cheaper, it's only my text package that ran that up.

In terms of technology I am very impressed, the switching is indeed seamless, the only way I know it has switched is by looking at the display. Although the phone can use wlan the basic software does not allow for sending/receiving files over it, but it may be possible to write a java app for it.

The only real thing I have noticed is that the GPRS is really slow (unless I am at home, then it hits 8 meg) but signal strength is really good.
It's also quite useful for checking if there is any wireless networks in the area without unpacking the laptop.

Well worth it I think.
Need a New Signature
shifty_ben
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic