Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenDocument petition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

You might like to know that there's a petition on the 10 Downing Street site here urging the PM to promote the use of OpenDocument over proprietary (eg MS) formats.

Not that I suspect he'll take a lot of notice... the anti-road-pricing one got 1.8million signatures & he's not backing away from it.
towy71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: RE: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

Done, now they have my address I'll start building the barricades Surprised Surprised Wink
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: RE: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

Also done. Do you think Tony will send us all an e-mail about this one?
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Also done. Do you think Tony will send us all an e-mail about this one?

Probably - full of waffle and half-baked excuses as to why he can't/won't do anything to help as usual Sad
M0PHP
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

Something like this Nigel? Wink

Quote:
That is the backdrop to this issue. As my response makes clear, this is not about imposing "proprietary formats" or introducing "vendor lock-in". This is a complex subject, which cannot be resolved without a thorough investigation of all the options, combined with a full and frank debate about the choices we face at a local and national level. That's why I hope this detailed response will address your concerns and set out how we intend to take this issue forward. I see this email as the beginning, not the end of the debate, and the links below provide an opportunity for you to take it further.

... <yawn> ...
Very Happy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: OpenDocument petition Reply with quote

towy71 wrote:
Done, now they have my address I'll start building the barricades Surprised Surprised Wink

They already had my address- at least the inland revenue did, which is why I got a bill for £400 "underpaid tax for 2004-5 plus interest" last month, because our accountants had cocked my company car benefit declaration Sad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: