Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gNewSense Linux
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
That isn't a knife in your hand is it, Marrea? Can't quite make it out looking over my shoulder. Smile

Or maybe a knitting needle? Laughing
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
More news on my own gNuisance Linux distribution. The K(rappy) D(esktop) E(nvironment) will have all the icons labelled along the lines of "Your Computer", "Your Documents", "Your Pictures" and the same for music, browser, wastebin and so on.

Bear in mind that Linux us a multiuser OS, so you also need His Computer, Her Computer, Their Computer and The Dog's Computer Smile
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

Marrea wrote:

Or maybe a knitting needle? Laughing

"Return Of The Knitter", I can almost see it now, the next great box-office hit. I didn't really think you'd given up for one minute. Smile

nelz wrote:

Bear in mind that Linux us a multiuser OS, so you also need His Computer, Her Computer, Their Computer and The Dog's Computer Smile

Well, you'd think so, but it seems some distros are happy to stick the word "My" in front of everything last damned thing. So "Your" should work just as well.
M0PHP
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

What do you have against KDE Rhakios (I'm not defending it though), and what desktop environment do your prefer?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks there's nothing wrong with just "Computer" and "Documents".

Here's the new Vista layout anyway:

\My Documents and Settings
\My Windows\
\My Windows\My System32
\My Program Files\
Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

I don't have anything against KDE, I use it all the time. However, my new distro requires a desktop, which unlike KDE, which is well known for its user-friendliness and notorious for its vast array of configuration options, pretends to both and gives you neither. Hence the K(rappy) derivative.
I suppose I could have gone for K(rippled), but then people might think it gives you a wavey effect. Smile
M0PHP
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: gNewSense Linux Reply with quote

Ah, ok then Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: