gNewSense Linux

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Re: gNewSense Linux

Postby Marrea » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:11 pm

Rhakios wrote:That isn't a knife in your hand is it, Marrea? Can't quite make it out looking over my shoulder. :)

Or maybe a knitting needle? :lol:
Marrea
LXF regular

Re: RE: Re: gNewSense Linux

Postby nelz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:26 pm

Rhakios wrote:More news on my own gNuisance Linux distribution. The K(rappy) D(esktop) E(nvironment) will have all the icons labelled along the lines of "Your Computer", "Your Documents", "Your Pictures" and the same for music, browser, wastebin and so on.

Bear in mind that Linux us a multiuser OS, so you also need His Computer, Her Computer, Their Computer and The Dog's Computer :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Re: gNewSense Linux

Postby Rhakios » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:34 pm

Marrea wrote:Or maybe a knitting needle? :lol:

"Return Of The Knitter", I can almost see it now, the next great box-office hit. I didn't really think you'd given up for one minute. :)

nelz wrote:Bear in mind that Linux us a multiuser OS, so you also need His Computer, Her Computer, Their Computer and The Dog's Computer :)

Well, you'd think so, but it seems some distros are happy to stick the word "My" in front of everything last damned thing. So "Your" should work just as well.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

RE: Re: gNewSense Linux

Postby M0PHP » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:45 pm

What do you have against KDE Rhakios (I'm not defending it though), and what desktop environment do your prefer?

Surely I'm not the only person who thinks there's nothing wrong with just "Computer" and "Documents".

Here's the new Vista layout anyway:

\My Documents and Settings
\My Windows\
\My Windows\My System32
\My Program Files\
:roll: :lol:
Image Image Image
M0PHP
LXF regular

Postby Rhakios » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:17 pm

I don't have anything against KDE, I use it all the time. However, my new distro requires a desktop, which unlike KDE, which is well known for its user-friendliness and notorious for its vast array of configuration options, pretends to both and gives you neither. Hence the K(rappy) derivative.
I suppose I could have gone for K(rippled), but then people might think it gives you a wavey effect. :)
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby M0PHP » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 pm

Ah, ok then :)
Image Image Image
M0PHP
LXF regular

Previous

Return to Announcements