Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News story comments temporarily disabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

"Here's Dickie" - from Rowan and Martinn's Laugh In.

No Nigel I am not (quite) old enough to remember it, but you only barred Google, not Ask Smile
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

No I didn't. "googling" with a small "g" refers to use of any web search engine, just as "hoovering" with a small "h" refers to the use of any vacuum cleaner.

What kind of message does this blatant cheating by commercial corporate staff send to our starry-eyed young prospecitve free software developers of tomorrow? Rant, snort!

Come to think of it, what kind of message does suing people for using the illicit verb "to google" send to those starrry eyed free software wannabes who might be thinking of using, uh, let's say Googol's other services? Even New Scientist magazine has had to get coy about using the G word. Hey, you search engine freaks!, what's in a name that you can't take a little free advertising? Snort, rant!
Ahh, the tablets. Thank you, Nurse....
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

Ah, but Ask is a find engine, not a search engine, at least according to their advertising Wink
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

Aha... I have vague memories of Rowan & Martin's laugh-in from my childhood (wasn't allowed to stay up that late very often). I recall a series of windows with people popping their heads out & telling jokes... including, I believe, a young Goldie Hawn Razz
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily Reply with quote

nelz wrote:
Ah, but Ask is a find engine, not a search engine, at least according to their advertising Wink

Seek and ye shall find.

Guilty as charged. Twisted Evil
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporar Reply with quote

You first barred googling, then searching; now it seeking and finding too! I can't cope with such mobile goalposts, I surrender!

Sad
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporar Reply with quote

Heh! maybe I should get a job in sales?
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporar Reply with quote

The Labour Party will want some new spin doctors soon Smile
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporar Reply with quote

I'm thinking they'll probably need gravediggers.
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

wasn't it Rowan and Martin, was it dickie?

edit: oops, didn't see 2 pages
Embarassed
I was old enough to watch it.:

and yes, it was young Goldie Hawn.

jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

Nigel wrote:

>>
Aha... I have vague memories of Rowan & Martin's laugh-in from my childhood (wasn't allowed to stay up that late very often). I recall a series of windows with people popping their heads out & telling jokes... including, I believe, a young Goldie Hawn
>>

Ahhhhhhhhh Yesss ... i can remember finding that quite an uplifting experiance my self (grin)

"Say good night Dick" ... "Good night Dick" (cackle.png),

Saw some old Jack Benny stuff on tv the other week too. Total crackups (grin)

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
ryptyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: News story comments temporarily disa Reply with quote

Oh dear it must be Guy Smiley from the Muppets or perhaps the confusion of the moment has again
befuzzled me. Smile

edit: yes confused again "Guy Smiley=Everybody's Favorite Game Show Host."
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: