LXF Wiki tutorials online

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

LXF Wiki tutorials online

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Lo all,

For those who haven't seen the front page of the site: we've added a new section to the website Wiki, LXF Tutorials. These are articles from recent issues of the magazine, but with the added bonus that you can edit them -- to add new text, make changes to match new software releases, or just update information. Head over to www.linuxformat.co.uk/wiki/ to see the current list (free signup required to edit articles).

Let me know what you think! If it turns out to be a popular part of the wiki, I'll add more articles.

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

RE: LXF Wiki tutorials online

Postby Dave_S » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for putting these articles on the wiki. I always wanted to try out the audio production tutorial but never could because of dependancy hell. Now i'm using ubuntu and have the pleasure of apt i finally can. All my back issues are in storage at my parents so it was fantastic to find that the tutorial was posted on the wiki.

I've found one error so far (or otherwise i'm too easily confused). It's in part two of the tutorial, when AMS is being introduced (Taming the contour - paragraph 4). The final step is to introduce the LFO module, I can't get this to work, i'm pretty sure that this is because to introduce the LFO module you hve to disconnect the Gate output of MCV from the Gate input of the ENV module. However, i don't know where the Gate input of the ENV module should now be connected to.

I hope I've described the problem clearly.

Cheers

Dave
Dave_S

RE: LXF Wiki tutorials online

Postby M-Saunders » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi Dave,

Glad you like the new Wiki. If you find a solution to your problem, please do add it to the page (anyone can edit it). Or if you're not sure your solution works for everyone, you could add it as a separate paragraph or boxout. It'll be great if we can keep the tutorials fresh and up-to-date as things change!

Mike
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Return to This Website