Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice ads Apple
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spottedcat
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M0PHP wrote:
Why pay through the nose for an Apple Crap when you could get an Evesham/AOpen Mini PC "components" for a lot less? Rolling Eyes

If you mean this, I'd be interested to know where you can get the bits for less than the £699. But now that the nano-itx board is nearly available, why not check out Hoojum, and particularly their planned Nanode? Hoojum supply made up units, but you can buy the bits from the suppliers linked from the Hoojum site - and then install Linux, of course. Smile

I'd be seriously interested but I'm not too sure about a company that has a fetish for Barbie dolls. At least I hope that's a Barbie doll. If it's a real woman she urgently needs medical help.

BTW, what about the thread topic? Has anyone watched the videos?

Subsidiary thread topic. Nano-itx board, 12cm x 12cm. Suggestions for unusual/interesting cases to make unusual/interesting computers using a nano-itx board - running Linux, obviously. Wink
GMorgan
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is tiny. My machine is like a server case it has 6 CD-ROM expansion bays (mostly empty now, I used to have a bunch of SCSI optical drives a while back) and is something like 2.5 feet tall. Never liked small machines though my current case is probably too big.
Blåtann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For work i´d sertainly go for a Mac.
A no tinker machine that really works.

Far games i´d go for Windows

For tinkering and learning i´d go for a PC with Linux (and a new distro every month Smile

For a server i´d SERTAINLY go for Linux, there is no reason for wasting cpu on a gui like in Win XP og Mac Os X
Blåtann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.. the reason for saying PC is to sound familiar to most PC users.

Come to think of it, wouldn´t it be an advantage to Linux if most people refered to Windows (and not PC) when they anger over their bl*** crashing machines?

I have a Mac that hardly ever crash, a laptop that eventualy goes slow and needs a restart or crash (Win XP) and a PC that has never crashed (a Linux headless server).
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: