Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sagem drivers in mandrake 10.2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willissteve0

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: sagem drivers in mandrake 10.2 Reply with quote

hey guys im newish at linux recently got madriva 10.2 great system but cant get the internet to work
im running a sagem 800 fast modem for tiscali
i used drakconnect to setup the modem as it has the eagle drivers already with mandrake but i go through the wizard entering in the information and it just will not connect and i cannot figure out why has anybody had the same problems or am i better off just getting the downloadable eagle drivers and starting from scratch?
regards steve
towy71

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: RE: sagem drivers in mandrake 10.2 Reply with quote

Why put up with the grief that is a "USB modem" (an oxymoron if ever I've heard one)! buy a proper ethernet modem/router ebuyer have them for around 20 GBP.
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: RE: sagem drivers in mandrake 10.2 Reply with quote

He's got a point, I got sent a modem from Tiscali and it really isn't worth the hassle, whack the modem on ebay and get a router. You will actually find that your internet is faster if you use an ethernet connection between you and the modem/router than USB. Presumably because of the fairly limited bandwidth of the USB protocol
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: