Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Registration Broken?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidoff404

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Forum Registration Broken? Reply with quote

Firstly, congrats on getting the new website up. It took me ages to realise it was running since the old linuxformat.co.uk address still points to the old site, and I never used the .com one.

A slight problem though. Whenever I try to register an account I can't seem to get a password emailed to me. In fact, even trying to recover a lost password doesn't seem to work. Is this a bug?
phil_m

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Forum Registration Broken? Reply with quote

Gah! Sorted it out now. The registration process doesn't seem to like Yahoo Mail - the confirmation email seems to disappear without even being sent to the Junk folder.

davidoff
evilnick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Forum Registration Broken? Reply with quote

glad you got it working. The site isn't actually supposed to be live yet, it's just the old URLs are still pointing to the address. It's start-time proper is tomorrow.
Craig

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just registered too but haven't received the validation email. Is it actually broken or is the Freeserve ( Embarassed ) spam filter killing it before getting to my inbox like Yahoo's?

Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't broken. Not as far as I can see. Let us know if you continue to have problems
M0PHP
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Craig (as above Cool )... Registered another account using my Gmail address and the email arrived in seconds.

Bloody freeserve Shocked
crispibits2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I should be crispibits, but using my own domain email address failed to receive a confirmation email. Using my work email address worked. Neither of them are ISP type email addresses. strange eh? The site's definitely faster than it was a couple of days ago though - I reckon it's the statue lady who stands outside the Roman Baths - the site's much slower when she's there...
2tux-zx7r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Didn't work for me Reply with quote

I think it doesn't work
Created a user account and used my AOL email address. Nothing turned up in my inbox for 20 minutes.
Created another user account using my work email and an email was in my inbox in 10 seconds
So what's wrong ? What didn't AOL like about your email ? If I didn't have access to a second account I wouldn't be able to register Evil or Very Mad
John
tux-zx7r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Didn Reply with quote

Time to eat humble pie Smile
Password for my original login registration arrived into AOL inbox
So everything's alright
John
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: