Forum site suggestions

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Forum site suggestions

Postby overflow » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:02 pm

Any chance of making the masthead just a teeny bit smaller? I know you like to promote yourself but 170 pixels high is a big chunk of page.

Also, it is possible, by inserting long strings of unbroken characters or long URLs in a post to extend the central column of the page way beyond its normal width, so that the page has to be scrolled sideways to view it all.

If each post was enveloped in its own width-limited div (with scroll bars if necessary) then wide posts would only affect themselves and not the whole page.

Other than that, it's all hard to fault. :D
overflow
overflow
LXF regular

Re: Forum site suggestions

Postby Rhakios » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:55 pm

overflow wrote:Also, it is possible, by inserting long strings of unbroken characters or long URLs in a post to extend the central column of the page way beyond its normal width, so that the page has to be scrolled sideways to view it all.

If each post was enveloped in its own width-limited div (with scroll bars if necessary) then wide posts would only affect themselves and not the whole page.

Other than that, it's all hard to fault. :D

It's also possible to avoid this by using the BBCode url tags, if anyone can be bothered.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

RE: Re: Forum site suggestions

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:15 am

Hrm, I don't think the top bar is too big -- I'd agree if it was a static frame or something that always ate up screen space. What does everyone else think?

As for the forums, that's rare but it can be annoying, so I'll have a look :-)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

RE: Re: Forum site suggestions

Postby jjmac » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:19 am

Or, look into a cached page for the style sheet being used, wget it, customise it and store somewhere accessable locally. If your browser allows for custom style sheet over-rides.

I find it a little cumbersome to read generally untill i log in. Up to that point the page is very wide amd all the text is center flushed.

jm
http://counter.li.org

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
jjmac
LXF regular

Return to This Website