1slipperyfish wrote:well colin my computer and i would be spending some quality time together graham my guitar is already a bit jealous but my wife often says things like how much time can you spend on the damn computer/guitar
nelz wrote:There is the "Open Desktop" edition, but the licence specifically prohibits copying or redistribution. There's nothing in the GPL to stop someone bundling GPLed software with proprietary, so the whole collection cannot be freely distributed. SUSE used to do this before they were acquired by Novell and Red Hat stopped us including their distro on the cover discs from about RH8.
(a) Subject to the restrictions contained in Section 5 hereof, You may distribute copies of the Software Product provided that:
1. a copy of this EULA is included with the Software Program and the user of the Software Program agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof;
2. You do not charge a license fee for the Software Product, provided that you may charge a nominal fee to compensate you for the direct costs associated with Your redistribution of the Software Product;
3. the Software Product has not been altered or modified in any way;
4. the Software Product is the most recent version made available by Xandros;
5. the following copyright notice shall be conspicuously displayed in such distribution: "Xandros Desktop OS Open Circulation Edition, (c) Xandros Corporation 2003-2005. All rights reserved."; and
6. You comply with all export laws, rules and regulations in the jurisdictions where the Software Product, including any Software Programs, are exported or re-exported from time to time.
(g) not distribute the Software Product with magazines or books except with the prior written consent of Xandros.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests