Ndiswrapper & Mandriva 2006 Cover Distro

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Ndiswrapper & Mandriva 2006 Cover Distro

Postby srbhiscock » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:52 pm

A quick question from a bit of a Newbie......HELP :shock:

I have installed the free Mandriva Distro from the DVD LFX75. It all works fine except that when I try and get my Buffalo Wifi card (Broadcom 4306 Chipset) the ndiswrapper app throws up an error message after I have selected the Windoze driver inf file. It says that it is unable to continue as the ndiswrapper interface is not present.

Whilst there may be an patch avaialable to fix this can anybody give me a steer on how to sort this out.
srbhiscock

Not sure if this will help in your case, and it's temporary.

Postby b000gi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:27 pm

I found that after I get that error, if I go to the precvious screen I find another driver choice that was not previously there. In my case, wlan0. This works, but I have to redo each boot :(
b000gi

RE: Not sure if this will help in your case, and it

Postby nelz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:21 pm

I haven't used the evil ndiswrapper for a while, but I remember having to load the module at bootup. On Mandriva you do this by putting the module name in /etc/modprobe.preload.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

RE: Not sure if this will help in your case, and it

Postby b000gi » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:44 am

I am still learning, and just upgraded to mandriva 2006. I was excited to get Mandriva to use the card at all. Thanks! Very nice site.
b000gi

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs