lxf75 wont load

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

lxf75 wont load

Postby nigelh » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:49 pm

hello all

this is my first post go gentle on me please

I have been thinking of trying linux for sometime now and today i have brought the mag with Mandriva 2006 , when I boot from the dvd I am asked to press F1 or enter to install, when I press Enter I get a blue progress bar then the screen changes to the linux penguin and a progress bar but nothing else it just sits there no hard drive activaty and no light on my DVD

whats wrong any help please

bit dissapointed so far i thought linux was easy to install

Nigelh
nigelh

RE: lxf75 wont load

Postby nigelh » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:27 pm

Thanks for all the many replys, NOT, looks like I will be staying with XP as you guys dont want to help not even the magazine wanted to help what a waste of 6.49 for the DVD it makes a good coffee coaster

Goodbye All
nigelh

Postby CJLL » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Looks like the AAD stoped you from installing. Try again with a different Distro.
--
The reward for self love is sticky hands
CJLL
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:23 pm

You'll go far with that attitude, although you'll be travelling alone.

Seeing as you were given a choice of pressing enter or F1 and Enter didn't work, did you try F1? If so, what happened.

Some details about what you are installing on would help, read the stick post at the top of the help forum.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs