Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dvd burning k3b with scripts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjpwall

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

Ok here's the problem, new to linux, used to using windows and never wrote a script to do anything. Using suse 9.1. I want to burn dvd's but I want to use a kodak disc transporter which would allow me to make 75 copies at a time, it lifts the blank drops it into the drive and removes the completed disc and loads another etc. the kodak is a scsi device and my dvd writer is a usb2 device. k3b looks nice and easy to use but it doesn't have native support for the transporter, however i understand it will operate using scripts and these could alsooperate the transporter, but i've never done this in my life and don't know where to start. can anyone help?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: RE: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

34 views and no answers, someone out there must know how to do this?
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
34 views and no answers, someone out there must know how to do this?

Could it be that none of us can think of a legitimate reason to copy 75 DVD's at a time ? Wink
Flea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

I can think of plenty.
towy71

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

If I could work out how to write working scripts I would offer help! as it is I can only sit in the wings scratching my head in a Stan Laurel fashion Wink
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: dvd burning k3b with scripts? Reply with quote

The script itself is probably quite trivial. The hard part is knowing what SCSI commands to send to the disc changer. If you knew that, you wouldn't even need K3b as the script could do everything.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: