Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aim away from face

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Aim away from face Reply with quote

I think your right about the sherbet dib dabs, the number of times I've breathed in at exactly the moment of placing a generously heaped lolly in my gob, the result is a violent coughing fit which sends what remained of the powdered content up my nose and I expell a lung in the process.

I bet Kate Moss doesn't have this bother! Smile

It should clearly state on the packet, "do not inhale through mouth while consuming product"

Time to sue me thinks. Wink
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

I prefer as see on a superman cloak - This garment does not enable wearer to fly.
Or a strange one I saw once on the Internet for a chainsaw. Do not use on genitals... Twisted Evil

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

Depends on whose genitals Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

On fag packets in the UK, they now have MASSIVE government warnings "SMOKING KILLS", "SMOKING CAUSES FATAL DISEASES", "SMOKING CAUSES YOUR KNOB TO FALL OFF....EHHH.. IF YOU HAD ONE TO BEGIN WITH" (thats on the superking packs Smile )

But I wonder, do they have health warnings on the sides of guns and/or packets of bullets? Maybe they should, the USA has over 30,000 deaths a year from gun related causes (what a strange phrase, why not just say got shot? I mean, 25,000 cant have been from hitting themselves over the head with it!).
Anyway, with warnings like the fag packets, maybe less people would die from gun related causes...

Then again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3022350.stm

http://www.fakefags.co.uk/
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think the warnings are very effective:

"Smokers die younger"

But that French woman who lived to be 121 started smoking at 70, IIRC!

"Smoke contains formaldehyde"

Cool! Surely that will preserve my lungs!

"Smoking decreases fertility"

So a load of youngsters think it saves them money on contraceptives...

(Seriously though, smoking's a horrible habit, and one I wish to rid myself of some day. If I'd known the extent to which nicotine was so intolerably addictive I'd have never gone anywhere near cigarettes. I think the warnings would be much more effective if they showed foul tar-encrusted lungs. It certainly makes me shiver...)

M
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

Perhaps they should have a warning saying "Smoking can stunt your growth". When exactly did you become an addict Mike?
Dave2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Aim away from face Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
I think the warnings would be much more effective if they showed foul tar-encrusted lungs.

A la the Canadian ones?
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A la the Canadian ones?

Oh yeah I remember those packets too well, I was used to warnings being on packets, but when I went to Canada I wasnt expecting those images, then again it didnt stop me wanting one, but I guess that may be because Id already started. Interestingly you have to be 19 to smoke in Canada, yet they have just as many people do it as us.
Dave2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who, honestly, even starts at 16 though? I find that most people (in my experience) tend to start younger than that, as it seems to be the "cool" thing to do to them.
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the age old issue of of whether setting an age makes things cooler. If people would be more responsible about selling and supplying to kids things would be better though
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave2 wrote:
Who, honestly, even starts at 16 though? I find that most people (in my experience) tend to start younger than that, as it seems to be the "cool" thing to do to them.

I started smoking at age 17 and gave up at age 34. Working in computer rooms meant that I was never a heavy smoker, but it would still have been better had I not started in the first place.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: