Click here to get the DVD via BitTorrent

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Click here to get the DVD via BitTorrent

Postby metcomm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:23 am

I spend a lot of time travelling in the field but my LXF is delivered to my home in Spain. This site is therefore invaluable to me because I can keep up with things whilst on the move - well done guys, nice job!

However, in some back issues (Archives) I notice that the "Click here to get the DVD via BitTorrent" link is randomly missing. Is there any particular reason for this or is it just a question of patience?

Eg. : 181, 180 & 177 were missing but not 179 ... etc. :?
Metcomm
System: Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)
KDE: 4.11.5
metcomm

I've asked the same question...

Postby markdean » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 am

But get no real answers. It's such a trivial thing to make these available via a torrent service. I mean even if they are having problems with their server why not let us know? I keep thinking that it has to be me, I'm missing something since a professional magazine and web site would never be so haphazard with services...right?
- Mark Dean
markdean

Re: I've asked the same question...

Postby nelz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 am

markdean wrote:But get no real answers. It's such a trivial thing to make these available via a torrent service. I mean even if they are having problems with their server why not let us know?

It was answered here. Would it help to make that topic sticky so the answer is in plain sight?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Re: I've asked the same question...

Postby Ram » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:44 pm

nelz wrote:
markdean wrote:But get no real answers. It's such a trivial thing to make these available via a torrent service. I mean even if they are having problems with their server why not let us know?

It was answered here. Would it help to make that topic sticky so the answer is in plain sight?

Now now Nelz, you know the easiest way to hide something is to put it in plain sight ;). Probably why the search function is missed.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs