Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PiFace article in LXF180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidknibb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: PiFace article in LXF180 Reply with quote

I've been following the PiFace article on P70. The section on 'programming relays' seems to me to be a bit shoddy.
Firstly - no reference to where the different input/outputs on PiFace are - which makes following the set up difficult. But most difficult is the statement 'wire up the circuit as per the diagram'. There is no diagram - just a poor photograph which gives no indication as to the wiring. Could you please publish on this forum somewhere the missing diagram.
Also - lack of care in proof reading the code snippets
For example we have both
pifacedigitalio.init()
&
pifacediigital.io.init()

I think that several of the other articles need a critical eye as to how clear they are, how they guide a novice(in the particular area of the article). Ask the question - critically "does the article succeed in showing an averagely intelligent and informed reader how to achieve the goals of the article". There are several in 180 that in my opinion don't achieve this.

You've a new team - sit down an be critical - in a friendly way - of each tutorial article.

I've had LXF for many years - and this is not the time to allow a drop in editorial quality.

David
ChrisThornett
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, David. I think, maybe, the best thing to say is that it's an ongoing battle that we intend to win and your constructive thoughts on the matter are very much appreciated.

Here's the Missing PiFace diagram from LXF180, p70, supplied by Les Pounder.
davidknibb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I can get on with it now

David
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: