Coverdisc Request: LXFDVD120

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Do you wish for the availability of old coverdiscs on linuxformat.com?

Yes
50%
No, I only like the latest releases of open-source software
25%
I like older software, but am not interested in the old LXF DVDs
25%

Total votes : 4

Coverdisc Request: LXFDVD120

Postby ajhlinuxuser » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

I am interested in getting a copy of the LXFDVD120 from 2009. It contains a special customized version of Ubuntu Jaunty, which remains my favorite version of Ubuntu to date.

I have done a lot of work to find it, since the torrent file is not available on the linuxformat archive. It is not on archive.org, where many old coverdiscs are found. The back issue magazine is not on sale on linuxformat's shop nor is it found on eBay or Amazon. I can't find a third-party torrent for it.

If anyone has this DVD or the ISO file, please reply. i understand there are 2 ISO's inside the DVD which contain the customized Ubuntu distributions.

Thanks,

Adam
Last edited by ajhlinuxuser on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajhlinuxuser

Postby dandnsmith » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:36 am

I've located the DVD120, and am uploading the Ubuntu iso files (32 and 64 bit).
I'm a novice at this, so don't know what else to add
Derek
dandnsmith
LXF regular

Postby ajhlinuxuser » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:44 am

dandnsmith wrote:I've located the DVD120, and am uploading the Ubuntu iso files (32 and 64 bit).
I'm a novice at this, so don't know what else to add

I guess that means the DVD is not a dual-booting live DVD. In any case, it would be ideal to get an ISO of the full DVD, since the other DVD files are distributed whole.

Please post a link or send me a PM once the files are ready.

-Adam
ajhlinuxuser

Postby nelz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 am

Please do not upload an ISO of the whole DVD unless you know it is legal to do so.

The individual Ubuntu ISOs can be distributed.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby ajhlinuxuser » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:41 pm

nelz wrote:Please do not upload an ISO of the whole DVD unless you know it is legal to do so.

The individual Ubuntu ISOs can be distributed.

Ok, sorry I just assumed they were distributable. All I am looking for are the LXF Customized Ubuntu Jaunty ISO's so them alone will be fine.

-Adam
ajhlinuxuser

Postby dandnsmith » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:48 pm

I've only uploaded the Ubuntu isos.
Even had it not been correct to upload the whole DVD, I wouldn't have, because of the limited speed of my connection.
Derek
dandnsmith
LXF regular

Postby dandnsmith » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 am

this is the link - I've no idea how you go on from here.
It occurs to me that this may be only the non-customised version, but I'm not sure how to get a different one there (and, indeed, whether that would be permissible)
Derek
dandnsmith
LXF regular

Postby ajhlinuxuser » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 pm

dandnsmith wrote:this is the link - I've no idea how you go on from here.
It occurs to me that this may be only the non-customised version, but I'm not sure how to get a different one there (and, indeed, whether that would be permissible)

Hmm,

Yes, these are the original Ubuntu distros. The md5sums confirm it. So, this is a dual-booting DVD... The only way I'll get to try the LXF customized version will be to obtain the entire DVD.
ajhlinuxuser

Postby nelz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Bear in mind that Jaunty is no longer supported, which means old versions of everything and no security updates.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs