Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Editor, new team, same lovely Linux Format.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilmohr
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: New Editor, new team, same lovely Linux Format. Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

there's a new editor in town and that's me, Neil Mohr. It's taken me a week or so to work my bum imprint into the old editor's seat, but I think it's about time I introduce myself, and let you know that it's Linux as usual - even if a little dusty - here at LXF Towers.

As you know, LXF 178 was the last issue created by Graham and Andrew, who chose to leave to start their own project. As things are, LXF is thundering towards issue 179 with the usual array of exciting tutorials, coding academy, features, interviews and smart cover disc, all lined up.

Linux Format has always been a collaborative effort, and our usual array of Linux experts are still contributing the articles and words that have made Linux Format the number one source for GNU/Linux, open source and free software.

So thank you for using the Linux Format forums, thanks for reading the magazine and thank you for all the support, suggestions and being part of the long-running LXF community.

If you have any questions, suggestions or anything else, I'll attempt to reply when I can.

ps the next issue is out 5 December, it'll be great.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of advise, if I may: upgrade the forum ASAP, as phpBB2 is no longer supported (and hasn't been for quite a while!) Rolling Eyes Your predecessor quoted missing tools for phpBB2 not available for the next major version, but IMO that's no excuse to compromise security of users more then you'd have to Razz
neilmohr
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh certainly, a complete server upgrade has been in discussion from the moment I started. The websites, forums and entire backend needs a complete upgrade and ideally moving to a VPS. We'll try and do this with as little disruption as possible, likely with Neil Bothwick help, with whom I've already had a brief discussion about options. So on this point watch this space.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: