Paperless Bank Statements Rant (again)

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby guy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:11 am

@Nelz: Iceweasel - definitely set to en-gb. It also prefers "color" to "colour". Looks like it's your word against the combined might of the Firefox and Debian communities, eh? No contest - you win. :roll:
Cheers,
Guy
The eternal help vampire
guy
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 am

colour color

The second word is highlighted here, so it's clearly not the forum software. If you think about it, the spelling is checked before you hit Submit, so only your browser knows what you are typing at that point. IceWeasel probably uses either ispell, hunspell or aspell, I wonder it it is either the config for them or the dictionaries you have installed.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Nuke » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:53 am

pastychomper wrote: I had an account with a UK bank and wanted to upgrade to a student account

That's an upgrade?
Unsolved mysteries of the Universe, No 13 :-
How many remakes of Anna Karenina does the World need?
Nuke
LXF regular

Postby paulm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 pm

guy wrote:@Nelz: Iceweasel - definitely set to en-gb. It also prefers "color" to "colour". Looks like it's your word against the combined might of the Firefox and Debian communities, eh? No contest - you win. :roll:

With Firefox and Seamonkey, you also need the correct dictionary. You can find the relevant dictionary here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... age-tools/

Paul.
paulm
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:09 pm

guy wrote:@Nelz: Iceweasel - definitely set to en-gb. It also prefers "color" to "colour". Looks like it's your word against the combined might of the Firefox and Debian communities, eh? No contest - you win. :roll:

Well, if they say it should be spelled color, who am I, my copy of the OED and my correctly configured spell checker to argue? :P
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby pastychomper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 am

Nuke wrote:
pastychomper wrote: I had an account with a UK bank and wanted to upgrade to a student account

That's an upgrade?

Oh yes. Students at the time were trusted with a fully functioning debit card, overdraft facility and in some cases, an additional savings account and credit card (the latter two were presumably intended to cancel each other out). My previous account had none of these - people with full-time jobs have so much less money to play with than students, after all. :?
pastychomper

Postby guy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:47 am

paulm wrote:With Firefox and Seamonkey, you also need the correct dictionary. You can find the relevant dictionary here:

Paul.

Hey, that works! I am now allowed the licence to add a little local colour without being red-lined. Thanks.
Cheers,
Guy
The eternal help vampire
guy
LXF regular

Postby paulm » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 am

guy wrote:
paulm wrote:With Firefox and Seamonkey, you also need the correct dictionary. You can find the relevant dictionary here:

Paul.

Hey, that works! I am now allowed the licence to add a little local colour without being red-lined. Thanks.

You're welcome. I'm not sure why the dictionary isn't included with the rest of the locale related stuff.

Paul.
paulm
LXF regular

Previous

Return to Off Topic