Are the days of this Forum numbered

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Are the days of this Forum numbered

Postby AgeGap1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:36 am

Future publishing seem to be in a bit of bother. The last podcast indicates a staffing diaspora*. Will the full story come out?
AgeGap1

A Bit of Bother.

Postby northumbrian1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I don't believe that Linux Format is in so much bother it can't get out of it. We all have times when something gets in the works and really rattles our emotions as we try to turn back the tide (like an King Canute) and make our system the way it was before some 'donk' got in the works!

An impasse or forgotten fragment of a screed from our early days of programming only needs us to think back to how it was when Netscape ruled the Roost and Arpanet was the new kid on the block! These were the days of Mosaic - the browser everyone loved to hate or love depending on the way it worked for us.

Mental blocks hit everyone - not just journalists or administrators. Its just a matter of working around the problem with the limited space you have and you'll get there in the end. Linux Format started out with less 'bumph' than it has now and although my first copy of Linux Format came off the shelf of W. H. Smith, it took me a while to work out that it was far easier to subscribe and save all that leg-work to the News-agents. I joined this mag with issue 96, but was well-versed in its message long before that. It can do it again. I know that Chris (Thornett?), Jonathon Roberts, the Sharma boys and all the other guys in the team will pull their weight and do the best they can - because even with the few who have left you are still a formidable strong team and Linux Format is still the leader on Linux from my point of view, so diven't fret, wor marra! northumbrian1
northumbrian1

Return to This Website