Linux joke!

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby guy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Much trouble with Windows I had
My UX was really quite bad
A new OS I installed
GNU/Linux 'twas called
Now my heart it has made very glad


This limerick is of course released under the GPL - the GNU Poetic License.
"Klinger, do you know how many zoots were killed to make that one suit?" — BJ Hunnicutt
User avatar
guy
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:07 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Postby Alex01UK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

"Hello" says the assistant, "what are you looking for?"

"Debian stable".

ROLF! HARRIS?????? ;) 8)
--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com
User avatar
Alex01UK
LXF regular
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Postby 1slipperyfish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:34 pm

don't give up the day job sockpuppet :P
i am a follower of the culture

Image
User avatar
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: wigan

Postby Alex01UK » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 pm

1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) wrote:don't give up the day job sockpuppet :P


If only I had a day job to go to. I'm so sad; I'm retired ya daft apeth!! Come on Slippery Haddock, I have told to expect better from you! 8p
--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com
User avatar
Alex01UK
LXF regular
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Postby 1slipperyfish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Alex01UK wrote:
1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) (troll) wrote:don't give up the day job sockpuppet :P


If only I had a day job to go to. I'm so sad; I'm retired ya daft apeth!! Come on Slippery Haddock, I have told to expect better from you! 8p
--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com

daft apeth?? where are you from sockpuppet??
paul
i am a follower of the culture

Image
User avatar
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: wigan

Postby Ram » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 pm

1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) wrote:
Alex01UK wrote:
1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) (troll) (troll) wrote:don't give up the day job sockpuppet :P


If only I had a day job to go to. I'm so sad; I'm retired ya daft apeth!! Come on Slippery Haddock, I have told to expect better from you! 8p
--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com

daft apeth?? where are you from sockpuppet??
paul


East of Gods Country :)

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
User avatar
Ram
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:44 pm
Location: Guisborough

Postby guy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Ram wrote:
1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) (troll) wrote:
Alex01UK wrote:
1slipperyfish (troll) (troll) (troll) (troll) (troll) wrote:don't give up the day job sockpuppet :P


If only I had a day job to go to. I'm so sad; I'm retired ya daft apeth!! Come on Slippery Haddock, I have told to expect better from you! 8p
--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com

daft apeth?? where are you from sockpuppet??
paul


East of Gods Country :)

Salford?
"Klinger, do you know how many zoots were killed to make that one suit?" — BJ Hunnicutt
User avatar
guy
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:07 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Postby Alex01UK » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 pm

daft apeth?? where are you from sockpuppet??


East of Gods Country :)

I was bjorn in Monte Carlo, Monaco; I'm Monegasque.....

--
Benjamin Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com
Chrome OS: ASUS C300 13.3" Chromebook - Intel® Celeron® Processor N2830 32GB
64bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit Unicorn Studio 14.1o, 32bit Mint 17.1 MATE

''I am what I am, because, we are, what we are; I thought Yogi Bear invented television.''
User avatar
Alex01UK
LXF regular
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Postby Bazza » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey Alex01UK...

We are now a trio...

1sf (troll) == THE troll...

You == the sock-puppet...

And me == the village idiot...

Oooh, we are doing well... ;oD
73...

Bazza, G0LCU...

Team AMIGA...
User avatar
Bazza
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Loughborough

Postby 1slipperyfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Bazza wrote:Hey Alex01UK...

We are now a trio...

1sf (troll) (troll) == THE troll...

You == the sock-puppet...

And me == the village idiot...

Oooh, we are doing well... ;oD

haha :D
i am a follower of the culture

Image
User avatar
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: wigan

Postby 1slipperyfish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:55 pm

:://sockpuppet westhoughton??
paul
i am a follower of the culture

Image
User avatar
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: wigan

Postby Rhakios » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Can we just call you the three stooges? :roll:
Bye, Rhakios
User avatar
Rhakios
Moderator
 
Posts: 7634
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I thought that this thread was about 1sf (troll)....and I was right (well the joke part at least)
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

*************** ************
User avatar
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 pm

interesting that the forum automatically adds (troll) when you type 1sf (troll)
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

*************** ************
User avatar
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Postby Rhakios » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:interesting that the forum automatically adds (troll) when you type 1sf (troll) (troll)


It's been doing that for a while, since Mike fixed it that way. It would be even more amusing if it appended 1sf (troll) to every mention of troll. ;)

Oh but then it might get stuck in an infinite loop of of going 1sf (troll) 1sf (troll) 1sf (troll)...
Bye, Rhakios
User avatar
Rhakios
Moderator
 
Posts: 7634
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron