Port Fowarding using Huawei HG523a

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Port Fowarding using Huawei HG523a

Postby medworthy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I have just signed up with Talktalk ISP, they have sent me a Huawei HG523a router. I also have a LAMP server on my internal network and have registered with no-ip Dynamic-DNS.

I would like to have this server open to the WWW, so that I can use a groupware application (egroupware) and Nagios services from outside of my network, but after forwarding port 80 on my modem/router and incorporating the LAMP sever into the no-ip service, I try to connect via an external computer and find that the DNS service displays my router admin screen.

I can't find any way of changing the port of the modem from 80 to 8080 (or any other port) and therefore can't access my LAMP setup from any external source.

I am slowly going insane with this problem, so if anybody could shed some light, I would be eternally grateful.

Regards, Mark Edworthy
medworthy

Postby nelz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd ditch the router ASAP. any router that allows access to the configuration page from the WAN by default sounds like a security nightmare.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby medworthy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I would if I could, but cost implications would suggest that I can't at the moment!
medworthy

Return to Help!